Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 8 - April 8, 2010


So this is how it ends
Due to a last-minute change in plans, I ended up in Kyoto three days ahead of schedule - and as a result caught the blossoms at their final moments of glory.

I spent more than two hours strolling along the Path of Philosophy, watching in awed silence as pink petals snowed and floated away. It was the beginning of the end.

I revisited two days later and, sure enough, the trees had changed into a greenish brown colour as new leaves sprouted. I found that pleasing to look at too. The wonderful thing about nature is, unlike human relationships, there is always beauty even when everything is over.


April was supposed to be No Shopping Month, but I only managed to hold out for a grand total of seven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment