Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 1 - April 1, 2010


For WF
When I got my new camera a few weeks ago, my colleague S commented that I should do a Project 365. She did it last year and completed the marathon without a day of cheating. I laughed at her suggestion because my principle in life is one should never do something for the sake of it.

Well, let's just say I'm not the most principled person around. Yesterday, S and I, along with another colleague KY, decided to go crazy together, starting today (yes, April Fool's Day, of all days).

Throughout the day, I shot a few concepts in honour of the first day, none of which I was pleased with. Time was ticking away but I decided to forget about it for a while and enjoy my dinner with a dear old friend. The conversation was great, as always, and it was only when we moved on to drinks around 9pm that I remembered I better try shooting something else. I took some photos of our beer against the street lights but still it didn't feel right. Then my friend pointed to a wall behind me - and I instinctively knew that was what I had been waiting for all day long.

Sometimes in life, we need that one friend to point us in the right direction, and everything will be just fine.


This roof belongs to a heritage building in Little India but what caught my eye was not the name of the building but how colourful it was.


The fortune teller said to wait, just sit and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment