Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 29 - April 29, 2010


My father
About two years ago, I returned from a trip to find that almost all the wood furniture in my flat had been given a new coat of paint and varnish. My late dog Didi had left scratch marks on my door and my father, who had come to repaint it, decided to give the other old stuff a makeover too.

The thing is, I had waited many years for my wood furniture to be seasoned, lived in and become really, really old. That was the way I liked it - but of course my father didn't know. Caught up in his project, he even gave my favourite accessories a shiny new lease of life. This is a set of hand-made wooden elephants I got in Bangkok in 2000 (the large ones double up as stools) and its original look was pleasantly raw and natural.

After I got over the shock of being in a shiny new house, all I could feel, though, was love.


I read a little today.


Today marks a major milestone in my life post-baby. The Babycrat actually stayed quiet long enough for me to bake this. When the RB heard I was going to bake something, he requested that I not bake muffins because the only thing I bake is muffins, and as the only person in the house eating my baked goods, he's sick of muffins. So I baked these cupcakes instead. The RB says cupcakes, muffins, same difference. Who say no difference? Got difference, okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment