Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 11 - April 11, 2010


It's okay to break the rules
Especially if you're a deer in Nara. These animals are revered in this ancient city and allowed to roam free.

The most touching encounter I had today has something to do with the traffic too. I was walking back to my hotel when it started to rain heavily. I wasn't quite sure of the way, so I stopped a female jogger and asked for directions. After she told me which way to go, I thanked her and continued walking.

After about 10 minutes, I was so surprised to see her appear next to me again. Turns out that she realised she gave me the wrong directions and so she ran all the way back in the rain to make things right. Too bad I didn't have time to snap a photo of her before she ran away again.

This is what I call the kokoro, or heart, of the Japanese people.


Venturing deep into the heartlands for home-made salted egg yolk shrimp balls was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment