Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 21 - April 21, 2010


Loose strings
This is a very old piece of embroidery art that has been hanging on my wall for years. I got it in Bangkok's Chatuchak market as I was into ethnic stuff then. It was only when I tried shooting it today that I noticed many loose strings on it. Did it come with all these extra bits when I bought it or did they start appearing because of wear and tear? I will never know.

When things start falling apart, what do you do with loose strings? I know I will try to ignore them at first and endure as long as I can. But when it gets to a point where all I can see are the imperfections, I will simply throw the thing away. It takes too much effort to tie all the loose strings together.


Strangely, there was a photographer taking photographs of the photographs at a fashion photography exhibition that my fashion photographer friend is a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment